geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Mark <delafran_j...@hotmail.com>
Subject GBeans and Configurable Properties.
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2005 16:12:36 GMT
A couple of questions:

1. If I have a GBean with an attribute "port", is this a required entry
in the xml?   I am thinking that I can default to port X and if the user
wants to reassing it then they can add the attribute <attribute
name="port">Y</attribute> to the XML.

2. Lets say the user wants to install a geronimo server and assign a new
port .  From what I can see, they will either have to:
    a. Change the attribute in the XML file and then redeploy the plan.
    b. Let the server start up on the default port, go into the
management console and change the value and then shutdown the server.
During shutdown the kernel will store the current configuration which
will be loaded on the restart.

Thanks
Mark