geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Mark <delafran_j...@hotmail.com>
Subject References to Beans (EJBContainers...)
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2005 16:04:57 GMT
To all, most likely Alan,

A little confusion on my end.  I was trying to use the
ReferenceCollectionListern to handle adding and removing of
EJBContainers.   Originally I was thinking of uisng the ContainerIndex
like the EJBServer does.  I have a GBean with the following:

1. I suppose the kernel creates a collection of containers during server
startup and passes them to my gbean.
2. During runtime as ejbs are deployed (started) the kernel will end up
calling memberAdded. (Likewise with the stop/undeploy an ejb with
memberRemoved)

    public static final GBeanInfo GBEAN_INFO;

    static {
        GBeanInfoBuilder infoFactory = new
GBeanInfoBuilder(RmiIiopServerGBean.class);

        infoFactory.addInterface(SocketService.class);

        infoFactory.addAttribute("classLoader", ClassLoader.class, false);
        infoFactory.addAttribute("args", ArrayList.class, true);
        infoFactory.addAttribute("props", Properties.class, true);
        infoFactory.addAttribute("ip", String.class, true);
        infoFactory.addAttribute("port", int.class, true);
        infoFactory.addReference("AdapterManager", AdapterManager.class);
        infoFactory.addReference("Containers", EJBContainer.class); //
Use this?
        infoFactory.addReference("ContainerIndex",
ContainerIndex.class);  // or Use this?

        infoFactory.setConstructor(new String[]{"classLoader",
"AdapterManager", "ContainerIndex"});

        GBEAN_INFO = infoFactory.getBeanInfo();
    }

    public static GBeanInfo getGBeanInfo() {
        return GBEAN_INFO;
    }

    public void memberAdded(ReferenceCollectionEvent event) {
        EJBContainer container = (EJBContainer) event.getMember();

        // TODO: How does this method differ from setContainers()???

        log.debug( "RmiIiopServerGBean.memberAdded(): container = " +
container );
        log.debug( "RmiIiopServerGBean.memberAdded(): containerID = " +
container.getContainerID() );

    }

    public void memberRemoved(ReferenceCollectionEvent event) {
        EJBContainer container = (EJBContainer) event.getMember();

        log.debug( "RmiIiopServerGBean.memberRemoved(): container = " +
container );
        log.debug( "RmiIiopServerGBean.memberRemoved(): containerID = "
+ container.getContainerID() );

    }

    public void setContainers(Collection containers) {
        log.debug( "RmiIiopServerGBean.setContainers(): containers = " +
containers );
        ReferenceCollection ref = (ReferenceCollection) containers;
        ref.addReferenceCollectionListener(this);

        this.containers = containers;
    }

In my plan, I have:

1. In the reference for Contains, I have a name pattern for EJBs.
However, I don't seem to be able to add a wildcard to represent any/all
containers.  I have tried various settings all result in either a
Malformed exception or other.
2. I suspect that I shouldn't use ContainerIndex, but rather Containers.
3. I have also observed that when using ContainerIndex, the kernel is
able to start my GBean since there is a valid object reference for
ContainerIndex.  I have seen messages on the console that indicate that
the kernel is awaiting an object reference for ContainerIndex.  This is
probably due to the fact that I don't currently have an ejb deployed.

    <gbean name="interop:type=AdapterManager,name=AdapterManager"
class="org.apache.geronimo.interop.adapter.AdapterManagerGBean"/>

    <gbean name="interop:type=NetworkService,name=RMIIIOP"
class="org.openejb.server.StandardServiceStackGBean">
        <attribute name="name">RMIIIOP</attribute>
        <attribute name="port">9000</attribute>
        <attribute name="address">127.0.0.1</attribute>
        <attribute name="allowHosts">127.0.0.1</attribute>
        <attribute name="priority">5</attribute>
        <attribute name="threads">20</attribute>
        <attribute name="logOnSuccess">HOST,NAME,THREADID,USERID</attribute>
        <attribute name="logOnFailure">HOST,NAME</attribute>
        <reference
name="Server">interop:type=Server,name=RMIIIOP</reference>
    </gbean>

    <gbean name="interop:type=Server,name=RMIIIOP"
class="org.apache.geronimo.interop.rmi.iiop.server.RmiIiopServerGBean">
        <reference
name="ContainerIndex">openejb:type=ContainerIndex</reference>
        <reference
name="Containers">openejb.server:EJBModule=ejbhw,*</reference>
        <reference
name="AdapterManager">interop:type=AdapterManager,name=AdapterManager</reference>
    </gbean>