geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <dsundst...@gluecode.com>
Subject Re: CDATA and GBean attributes
Date Tue, 22 Feb 2005 21:31:44 GMT
On Feb 22, 2005, at 1:32 PM, Aaron Mulder wrote:

> On Tue, 22 Feb 2005, Dain Sundstrom wrote:
>> On another subject.... Aaron brings up an important point.  How do we
>> extend our XML schema catalog, so users can provide additional schemas
>> to the processor?  Can we have a schema directory that is scanned on
>> startup?
>
> 	Boy, I haven't looked in a while, but isn't that (or shouldn't
> that be) a GBean too?  Don't like the default, drop in a new one, etc.

Of course it would be a GBean; the issue is how do we tell the gbean,
"here is a new schema"?  There has to be a schema repository somewhere.
  It could be a database, file system, the internet, whatever, but we
need a way for users to easily add stuff to it.  A good analogy is the
jar repository; users simply add files in the directory structure, and
we pickup the files automatically.  We could have an index catalog.xml
file like xmbeans uses.... I don't really care how it is implemented as
long as it is easy for users to add schemas.

-dain