geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <dblev...@gluecode.com>
Subject Re: Runtime and deployment time web services architecture -- please comment
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2005 00:01:10 GMT

On Feb 7, 2005, at 3:45 PM, David Blevins wrote:
> Logically, every Web Service Stack needs a Container, but not every
> EJBContainer needs a Web Service Stack.

I should state more clearly what I mean by this.  CMP/BMP EntityBeans
or Stateful SessionBeans will not have a Web Service Stack, neither
will Stateless SessionBeans that only have Local or Remote interfaces.

In fact, in the case where people are just chatting from Servlets to
EJB's through Local interfaces, we don't need any protocol stacks at
all, e.g. no CORBA, no EJBd, no HTTP/SOAP.  This is partly why it
weirds me out to add protocol specific things into the
GenericEJBContainer class.

-David