geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <dsundst...@gluecode.com>
Subject Re: CDATA and GBean attributes
Date Tue, 22 Feb 2005 18:38:49 GMT
On Feb 22, 2005, at 10:27 AM, David Jencks wrote:

> I'm not sure this is such a good idea.
>
> It's going to require changing the gbean schema to allow an any
> element and mixed content in a gbean attribute element.   In principle
> I object strongly to mixed content.

What's the big deal.  This is a leaf node (from our view) so if they
want to have plain text or XML that seems fine to me; it is not like
html were we would need to pick our bits out of it.  If they actually
want mixed content (xhtml), that would be fine with me also.  It seems
reasonable to me to say, this is your slot for your data, put what ever
you want in it.

> I think the extra complications indicate that the CDATA solution is
> much much simpler.  Is there a problem with it?  What are you trying
> to pass in?  What are you doing with the results? Do you  want an
> XmlObject, a string, a DOM element, a STAX stream...?

I believe my original code supported creating a DOM.  IIRC, I just get
the content as a string and pass it to the java beans converters.

-dain