geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <dblev...@gluecode.com>
Subject Re: ObjectInputStream with classloading
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2005 21:14:26 GMT

On Feb 3, 2005, at 10:02 AM, David Jencks wrote:

> 2. OpenEjb has a broken implementation, EJBObjectInputStream.  This
> one uses either a constructor-supplied cl or if that is null, the
> TCCL.  Can the use of TCCL be dropped from this implementation?

We can't use the approach where we pass the classloader in the
constructor as we don't know what classloader to use.  The
ObjectInputStream is created, we read off the container id, grab the
container's classloader then finish deserializing in that classloader
as processing continues.

Also, we shouldn't be serializing any proxies, so the implementation
isn't necessarily broken.  All EJB related proxies need to be swapped
out with the server's implementation and shouldn't hit the wire.

-David