geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <dsundst...@gluecode.com>
Subject Re: Spring integration...
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2005 20:54:43 GMT
I am definitely against this change.  A fundamental assumption of the
current GBean code is it controls life-cycle, and I believe changing
this would have a massive impact on the entire GBean architecture.  I
do believe that you could get it to work for your small use case, but I
believe that the impact will be much larger then a small use case.
Further, I believe that you can use a delegation model to achieve this
today without a kernel patch.

I'm not saying that this should never change, but that this is not the
time.  After certification, I would like to spend time rethinking the
GBean architecture.  Specifically, I'd like to make it trivial to
integrate Spring, Avalon, Pico, etc. components, and I'd like to make
it easier to program with GBeans.  This means, taking a second look at
the info object, data object, xml configuration, persistence,
dispatching and life-cycle.  Anyway, this is something I believe can
wait.

-dain