geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Alan D. Cabrera" <...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Re: CDATA and GBean attributes
Date Wed, 23 Feb 2005 20:22:26 GMT

Dain Sundstrom wrote:

> On Feb 23, 2005, at 11:40 AM, David Blevins wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Feb 23, 2005 at 12:13:50PM -0500, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:
>>
>>> I don't parse the data at startup.  The data gets parsed by a
>>> tssConfigEditor and a cssConfigEditor at deployment time.
>>

>> Cool.  Is this a case where you could put the xml in another file in
>> the archive and have the attribute be the name of the file?
>

> I personally dislike having lots of little config files in the archive.

I agree with you there.  OpenORB, and old OpenEJB, does this and I have
found that you have to go on an "Easter egg hunt" and then mentally
assembly the pieces together to figure out what your final configuration
will be, a requirement that is beyond my mental faculties.  JMHO.

>  I think it would be more natural for our xml document to be
> extensible, and support importing of schemas into our catalog.
>
> And to appease david's no-mixed context rule we could have two
> attribute elements, one for xml and one for text;
>
> <attribute name="port">8888</attribute>
>
> <xattribute name="securityConfig">
>     <security xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/security">
>         <default-principal realm-name="public-properties-realm">
>             <principal class="o.a.g.s.r.p.GeronimoUserPrincipal"
> name="j2ee"/>
>         </default-principal>
>         <role-mappings>
>             <role role-name="Administrator">
>                 <realm realm-name="public-properties-realm">
>                     <principal
> class="o.a.g.s.r.p.GeronimoUserPrincipal" name="j2ee"/>
>                 </realm>
>             </role>
>             <role role-name="Employee">
>                 <realm realm-name="public-properties-realm">
>                     <principal
> class="o.a.g.s.r.p.GeronimoUserPrincipal" name="j2ee"/>
>                 </realm>
>             </role>
>         </role-mappings>
>     </security>
> </xattibute>

This strikes me as a tad awkward as it hints at the possibility that
there may be an iattribute for integers, sattribute for strings, etc.

Regards,
Alan