geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jboy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Signatrue change of GBeanRegistry.listGBeans [Re: svn commit: r154941]
Date Wed, 23 Feb 2005 19:03:57 GMT
Dain Sundstrom wrote:
> On Feb 23, 2005, at 8:45 AM, Jeremy Boynes wrote:
>
>> Dain Sundstrom wrote:

>>> On just a cursory review of this commit, it appears that you have
>>> changed the way object name queries work.  Before making any other
>>> changes to this code, can you please explain the changes you want to
>>> make, so we can discuss the impact?  I am very nervous about any
>>> changes to this code.
>>

>> Perhaps on more detailed examination you'll realize that the only
>> thing changed is that we no longer support partially wildcarded domain
>> patterns, something that we never used and was pretty pointless.
>

> So you have removed the feature supporting domain wild cards.  I know we
> currently don't use them, but don't see any reason to remove them
> either.  Also I belive that you have changed the meaning of an empty
> domain name.  In JMX it means match the default domain only, which is
> something I want to begin using in our plans and matching code.

Nope, as I said, I removed /partial/ wildcards - stuff like "test?omain"
- full wildcards (i.e. "*" or no value) operate as before. Do you really
see a need to keep that, and if so wouldn't it be better in a more
flexible query mechanism similar to JMX's QueryExp?

I treat a /missing/ domain as a wildcard, which is exactly what we did
before. An empty domain as in ":x=x" is not a wildcard but an exact
match to the domain "". It specifically does not match the default
domain unless that just happens to have been set to "" as well (and the
default default domain is "DefaultDomain").

> Anyway, here is my formal -1 roadblock.

To what and why?

--
Jeremy