geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jboy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Signatrue change of GBeanRegistry.listGBeans [Re: svn commit: r154941]
Date Wed, 23 Feb 2005 16:45:53 GMT
Dain Sundstrom wrote:
> On Feb 22, 2005, at 7:23 PM, jboynes@apache.org wrote:
>

>>      public Set listGBeans(ObjectName pattern) {
>> -        return gbeanRegistry.listGBeans(pattern);
>> +        String domain = (pattern == null ||
>> pattern.isDomainPattern()) ? null : pattern.getDomain();
>> +        Map props = pattern == null ? null :
>> pattern.getKeyPropertyList();
>> +        Set gbeans = gbeanRegistry.listGBeans(domain, props);
>> +        Set result = new HashSet(gbeans.size());
>> +        for (Iterator i = gbeans.iterator(); i.hasNext();) {
>> +            GBeanInstance instance = (GBeanInstance) i.next();
>> +            result.add(instance.getObjectNameObject());
>> +        }
>> +        return result;
>>      }
>

> On just a cursory review of this commit, it appears that you have
> changed the way object name queries work.  Before making any other
> changes to this code, can you please explain the changes you want to
> make, so we can discuss the impact?  I am very nervous about any changes
> to this code.

Perhaps on more detailed examination you'll realize that the only thing
changed is that we no longer support partially wildcarded domain
patterns, something that we never used and was pretty pointless.

Also, given we're changing the API anyway, there is the opportunity here
to remove the stupid overloading of names and patterns and have a much
clearer query API.

We have talked about the changes here extensively and all agreed on the
direction. Continue to be nervous, but please don't raise roadblocks
without due consideration.

--
Jeremy