geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jules Gosnell <ju...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Spring/cgllib woes...
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2005 13:53:21 GMT
Jeremy,

I've been wondering whether I can do without upgrading cglib for the
whole of Geronimo, just doing it for the Spring module, since we use it
to build a standard 1.3 proxy. The problem is that this is done at
runtime, so I guess that the only version of cglib around will be the
one defined in etc/project.properties ?
If this is the case, then I think I do need to upgrade it here...

here are the options:

2.0 - no InterfaceMaker (required by SpringGBean proxy code)
2.0.1 - InterfaceMaker present but breaks my Geronimo build
2.0.2 - InterfaceMaker present - seems not to cause any more exceptions
than I already get during my Geronimo build
2.1-dev - InterfaceMaker present but breaks my Geronimo build (also
involves jar name change and is not yet available via ibiblio)

I think it would be very unwise for me to make a major change like
upgrading the cglib version, without knowing what the current test
success rate is, running against the new version and confirming that it
does not break anything.... I don't want to impact your J2EE testing.

I tried porting InterfaceMaker from 2.0.2 back onto 2.0, but I got an
exception out of its superclass when I used it - so the port is
non-trivial as it involves class patching as well as addition.

So, I shall leave the ball in your court. If you have the time, I should
be very grateful if you would kick of a build/test cycle against a
version of cglib>2.0 (probably 2.0.2). If it is successful, bump the
version, ping me and I shall check in my code. Alternatively you might
enable either the passing of an instance or factory through the kernel
to GBeanInstance. Otherwise, unless I find the energy to hack further
into cglib, I think I will have to put this on ice for a while.

Thank you everyone for your time and forebearance. This may not have
been the most straightforward of threads, but I'm sure we have all
learnt something from it.

Jules

crystallises out around it."

 * Jules Gosnell