geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jboy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: WARNING!! re: Request for backward-incompatible gbean plan change (related to GERONIMO-450)
Date Sun, 06 Feb 2005 17:41:22 GMT
David Jencks wrote:
> I think there was no response to this, so unless someone speaks up
> really soon I'm going to implement the change.  IMO the sooner its
> changed the less confusion it will cause.

Lost it in the noise - sorry.

I find the construction stuff confusing, mostly due to unfamiliarity -
is there doco somewhere on what the new syntax is and what you can set
when building the name?

I would suggest supporting "gbeanname" as an alias for objectname -
objectname makes sense for a JMX based kernel but back in Nov(?) we were
discussing moving away from JMX artifacts.

Finally, is it worth adding a hybrid mode where we mix in the JSR77
parts but otherwise allow the user to specify the rest, something like

<gbean appname="name=SomeName,type=SomeType" ...

--
Jeremy