geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Genender <jgenen...@apache.org>
Subject Re: A Tomcat deployment question
Date Sun, 06 Feb 2005 14:14:54 GMT
Anita,

I think this is now rectified for you.

First there was a bug in the TomcatModuleBuilder that failed on schema
validation.  I fixed that and the DebugConfig will be built properly
during the assembly build for tomcat.

However, there is now an additional comment/un-comment you must do
before building assembly if you want to run Tomcat.  You need to edit
the j2ee-runtime-deployer-plan.xml as well as the j2ee-deployer-plan.xml.

I added a commented-out Tomcat section in the
j2ee-runtime-deployer-plan.xml.  You need to uncomment that, then
comment out the WebBuilder for Jetty right below it.  I added a comment
there describing this as well.

I will try to get this in the Wiki shortly.

After this, it should be alot less painful to get Tomcat running.

Let us know how this works for you.

Jeff