geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Gianny Damour <gianny.dam...@optusnet.com.au>
Subject Re: ObjectInputStream with classloading
Date Fri, 04 Feb 2005 08:45:20 GMT
On 4/02/2005 5:02 AM, David Jencks wrote:

> 1. tranql has 2 implementations, one using the thread context cl and
> one using a known classloader.  These are both broken.  However,
> tranql is required to build geronimo "modules" so I dont think we
> should have tranql require geronimo "modules" as well.  Any ideas?
> Does the TCCL one actually need the TCCL?

The TCCL one (SerializableConverter.TCCLObjectInputStream) can be
replaced by one using the configurationClassLoader of the Configuration
which has loaded it.

AFAIK, the one using a known ClassLoader
(FieldMarshaller.MarshalledInputStream) can not be used "as is".
Instead, a not yet existing ClassLoaderDelegate (similar to
DataSourceDelegate and TransactionManagerDelegate) needs to be provided.

Regarding the correct implementation of the ObjecInputStream to support
arrays and proxies, I assume that we will have to copy and paste the
Geronimo helpers  to TranQL.

Is that OK?

Thanks,
Gianny