geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Harrop <r...@cakesolutions.net>
Subject Re: Geronimo/Spring integration - Moving forward... (Dain, David, Jeremy,... - Please read)
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2005 09:49:43 GMT
Jules,

I've used CGLIB extensively in Spring - you could skip this completely
and use Spring's AOP proxies with CGLIB underlying. This will sheild you
from the complexity of CGLIB and you can think in terms of
MethodInterceptors. If I had a choice between proxy frameworks I would
use AspectWerkz Proxy although I have encountered some problems on Mac
OS X. That said, CGLIB is perfectly fine, and the newer version (2.1)
has some important bug fixes in it. If you need help building a proxy
implementation using CGLIB drop me a line, but I think it would be
easier to use Spring's AOP proxies.

Rob