geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jules Gosnell <ju...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r149512 - geronimo/trunk/modules/spring-builder/src/java/org/apache/geronimo/spring/deployment geronimo/trunk/modules/spring/src/java/org/apache/geronimo/spring
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2005 01:01:41 GMT
I did have second thoughts about doing this, but caved in to my own
coding style as I spent more and more time in this module. I did a quick
'find . -name "*.java" | xargs grep ' _'' before I did it and found that
a number of other packages use the _-begins-instance-field convention,
so I figured that it was not an issue.

I guess I am mistaken :-(

OK, as soon as activity in my code dies down a little bit, i.e. I don't
have to spend all my time reading it, I will reformat it according to
the coding standards, but please allow me a little forbearance whilst I
develop it.

Jules

Dain Sundstrom wrote:

> On Feb 2, 2005, at 5:40 AM, jules@apache.org wrote:
>
>>  public class SPRConfigBuilder
>>    implements ConfigurationBuilder
>>  {
>> -  protected static final Log
>> log=LogFactory.getLog(SPRConfigBuilder.class);
>> -  protected static final String
>> defaultConfigPath="META-INF/spring.xml";
>> +  protected static final Log
>> _log=LogFactory.getLog(SPRConfigBuilder.class);
>> +  protected static final String
>> _defaultConfigPath="META-INF/spring.xml";
>>
>> -  protected final Kernel     kernel;
>> -  protected final Repository repository;
>> -  protected final URI        defaultParentId;
>> +  protected final Kernel     _kernel;
>> +  protected final Repository _repository;
>> +  protected final URI        _defaultParentId;
>>
>>    public
>>      SPRConfigBuilder(URI defaultParentId, Repository repository,
>> Kernel kernel)
>>    {
>> -    this.kernel         =kernel;
>> -    this.repository     =repository;
>> -    this.defaultParentId=defaultParentId;
>> +    _kernel         =kernel;
>> +    _repository     =repository;
>> +    _defaultParentId=defaultParentId;
>>    }
>

> Jules, could you please update this code to follow our coding
> conventions.  We don't use underscores, we don't align names in
> assignments, we put the access modifier, method decl and curly on the
> same line, and the variable should be private unless actually used by
> a  subclass.  For a good example:
>
> http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/geronimo/trunk/modules/system/src/
> java/org/apache/geronimo/system/serverinfo/ServerInfo.java?
> rev=124448&view=markup
>
> -dain

crystallises out around it."

 * Jules Gosnell