geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jules Gosnell <ju...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Re: Geronimo/Spring integration - Moving forward...
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2005 11:56:46 GMT
Rob Harrop wrote:

> Jules,
>
> The Spring config file does not change when new modules are added, it
> is generic enough to support most configuration options. For JMX
> metadata we currently use interfaces or source level metadata (Commons
> Attributes or Annotations). I am working on an XML-based JMX
> descriptor, but this is separate from the core config file. You can
> hook into the JMX registration process by implementing the
> RegistrationStrategy interface and you can then transform the MBean
> into a GBean. The MBeans we use are ModelMBeans so you can get all the
> metadata from that.

Excellent :-)

I am just putting in a placeholder POJOGBean that wraps each POJO, but
the API is simply that of GBean (i.e. has one accessor getPeer()) at the
moment - I have to look into how we can dynamically declare an
interface's metadata to the kernel...

Jules

crystallises out around it."

 * Jules Gosnell