geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Harrop <>
Subject Re: Geronimo/Spring integration - Moving forward...
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2005 10:42:58 GMT

I think it is best to keep the metadata in geronimo-spring.xml, purely
because spring.xml has no support for modifying the XML format. You want
that to be a standard Spring config with no special features.

 From a Spring perspective, the two things we need are JMX-exposed
POJOs, which we can already do, and a JNDI-bound ApplicationContext
which will allow for transparent merging of shared services into an

Jules Gosnell wrote:

> I've taken all of the points raised on board and just checked in the
> second cut, which splits Spring support into runtime and deploy time
> components.
> I'm still having trouble getting the Builder spotted by the Deployer,
> but as long as I run the DebugConsole config aswell I am OK - I'll
> look further into it when the dust dies down.
> If anyone wants to take another look at the code and comment (yeah - I
> know it's ugly at the moment) that would be gratefully received.
> Rob, what are your thoughts on publishing POJOs to the Geronimo kernel
> ? Do we just blindly export all of them, can you attach metadata in
> the spring.xml or source, or do you think it should go in the
> geronimo-spring.xml.
> Logically, I think it should go in the latter, however, pragmatically,
> this will lead to a maintenance nightmare as spring.xml moves on and
> geronimo-spring.xml fossilises, so I would rather see a single
> descriptor... - I guess we could do both ?
> Anyone have any interesting thoughts ?
> Jules

View raw message