geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jules Gosnell <ju...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Re: Geronimo/Spring integration - Moving forward...
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2005 02:23:44 GMT

I've taken all of the points raised on board and just checked in the
second cut, which splits Spring support into runtime and deploy time
components.

I'm still having trouble getting the Builder spotted by the Deployer,
but as long as I run the DebugConsole config aswell I am OK - I'll look
further into it when the dust dies down.

If anyone wants to take another look at the code and comment (yeah - I
know it's ugly at the moment) that would be gratefully received.

Rob, what are your thoughts on publishing POJOs to the Geronimo kernel ?
Do we just blindly export all of them, can you attach metadata in the
spring.xml or source, or do you think it should go in the
geronimo-spring.xml.

Logically, I think it should go in the latter, however, pragmatically,
this will lead to a maintenance nightmare as spring.xml moves on and
geronimo-spring.xml fossilises, so I would rather see a single
descriptor... - I guess we could do both ?

Anyone have any interesting thoughts ?

Jules

crystallises out around it."

 * Jules Gosnell