geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <dblev...@gluecode.com>
Subject Re: References to Beans (EJBContainers...)
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2005 21:24:22 GMT

On Feb 2, 2005, at 8:04 AM, Mark wrote:

> In my plan, I have:
>
> 1. In the reference for Contains, I have a name pattern for EJBs.
> However, I don't seem to be able to add a wildcard to represent
> any/all containers.  I have tried various settings all result in
> either a Malformed exception or other.
> 2. I suspect that I shouldn't use ContainerIndex, but rather
> Containers.
> 3. I have also observed that when using ContainerIndex, the kernel is
> able to start my GBean since there is a valid object reference for
> ContainerIndex.  I have seen messages on the console that indicate
> that the kernel is awaiting an object reference for ContainerIndex.
> This is probably due to the fact that I don't currently have an ejb
> deployed.
>
>    <gbean name="interop:type=AdapterManager,name=AdapterManager"
> class="org.apache.geronimo.interop.adapter.AdapterManagerGBean"/>
>
>    <gbean name="interop:type=NetworkService,name=RMIIIOP"
> class="org.openejb.server.StandardServiceStackGBean">
>        <attribute name="name">RMIIIOP</attribute>
>        <attribute name="port">9000</attribute>
>        <attribute name="address">127.0.0.1</attribute>
>        <attribute name="allowHosts">127.0.0.1</attribute>
>        <attribute name="priority">5</attribute>
>        <attribute name="threads">20</attribute>
>        <attribute
> name="logOnSuccess">HOST,NAME,THREADID,USERID</attribute>
>        <attribute name="logOnFailure">HOST,NAME</attribute>
>        <reference
> name="Server">interop:type=Server,name=RMIIIOP</reference>
>    </gbean>
>
>    <gbean name="interop:type=Server,name=RMIIIOP"
> class="org.apache.geronimo.interop.rmi.iiop.server.RmiIiopServerGBean">
>        <reference
> name="ContainerIndex">openejb:type=ContainerIndex</reference>
>        <reference
> name="Containers">openejb.server:EJBModule=ejbhw,*</reference>
>        <reference
> name="AdapterManager">interop:
> type=AdapterManager,name=AdapterManager</reference>
>    </gbean>

Most of this looks good, though I'd suspect as David mentions, you
probably want your own collection of containers.

The ContainerIndex basically serves the function of indexing the
containers by JNDI name and also assigning a number to each container
so i can send that on the wire rather than the full JNDI name or
ObjectName after the first call.  It also makes looking up the
container on subsequent calls a little faster.

You probably want something that allows you to quickly lookup a
container using whatever unique ID the CORBA clients are sending you.

-David