geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From anita kulshreshtha <a_kuls...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: A Tomcat deployment question
Date Wed, 16 Feb 2005 12:27:05 GMT
Oops! I apologize for the keyboard malfunction. Please
ignore my other mail.
--- Jeff Genender <jgenender@apache.org> wrote:

> anita kulshreshtha wrote:
> > --- Jeff Genender <jgenender@apache.org> wrote:
> > <snip>
> the jetty like webapp classloader would not work.

Thanks for the info., I will dig deeper into this.

> We should be able to use Tomcat's security.  Its
> just a matter of
> declaring the proper realm.  The realm model
> supports pluggable security
> components, so this should work fine.

   I do not see why we need to do that. Geronimo
already provides equivalents of memory, JDBC and JAAS
realms. Earlier there was a conversation about
Geronimo  providing LDAP based authentication. Am I
missing something?

Thanks
Anita