geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <>
Subject Re: JaasLoginService has a fixed object name- is this necessary?
Date Wed, 05 Jan 2005 19:49:13 GMT
	I'm not really in favor of adding a mandatory login module
argument that will (for all practicaly purposes) always be the same.  I'd
at least want to pick a standard name and make it the default so you only
need to add the argument if you renamed something in your server
configuration to begin with (and thus the required value shouldn't be
unfamiliar to you).

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005, David Jencks wrote:
> Currently JaasLoginService has a (poorly documented) hardcoded name
> that you must deploy it under: it's used by JaasLoginCoordinator:
>              return (JaasLoginServiceMBean)
> kernel.getProxyManager().createProxy(JaasLoginService.REQUIRED_OBJECT_NA
> ME, JaasLoginServiceMBean.class);
> (this code is modified locally from what is in svn)
> I'd like to replace this usage by making the object name a login module
> option.
> There's a similar issue with JaasLoginServiceRemotingServer: again this
> could be a  login module option.
> Comments?
> many thanks
> david jencks