geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Alan D. Cabrera" <...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject RE: geronimo building script
Date Sun, 16 Jan 2005 16:23:00 GMT
Maven isn't really downloading geronimo jars, it's just checking to see if the remote repo's
version of the jar is newer than the one in your local repo; which, of course, we know it
isn't.

However, these checks against the remote repo can take a significant amount of time.  If you
are sure that you do not need to update any jars from the remote repo, I recommend that you
use the "-o" option to tell maven not to bother checking.

Regards,
Alan

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Sergey Bogatyrjov [mailto:sergbogatyrjov@pnz.ru]
	Sent: Sun 1/16/2005 9:51 AM
	To: dev@geronimo.apache.org
	Subject: geronimo building script

	Help!

	I have just been updating. Now I am observing something strange.
	Geronimo modules are downloaded from remote repository:

	Copying: from
	'(blah-blah)\geronimo\trunk\modules\j2ee-schema\target\geronimo-j2ee-schema-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar'
	to:
	'(blah-blah)\.maven\repository\geronimo\jars\geronimo-j2ee-schema-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar'
	Copying: from '(blah-blah)\geronimo\trunk\modules\j2ee-schema\project.xml'
	to:
	'(blah-blah)\.maven\repository\geronimo\poms\geronimo-j2ee-schema-1.0-SNAPSHOT.pom'
	+----------------------------------------
	| Executing default Geronimo :: Core
	| Memory: 23M/62M
	+----------------------------------------
	Attempting to download geronimo-common-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar.
	Attempting to download geronimo-kernel-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar.
	Attempting to download geronimo-deployment-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar.
	Attempting to download geronimo-j2ee-schema-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar.

	 From the listing we can see, that the module
	'geronimo-j2ee-schema-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar' was built before, but it was
	downloaded at the next step.

	I am using maven for other projects, so maven setup seems to be correct.

	What is the problem? Can I do anything to build geronimo without
	exhausting downloads.

	Serg Bogatyrjov.