geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <>
Subject Re: Build Failure - org/apache/geronimo/deployment/service/GBeanAdapter
Date Mon, 10 Jan 2005 05:46:33 GMT
On Jan 9, 2005, at 1:37 PM, David Jencks wrote:

> On Jan 9, 2005, at 12:58 PM, anita kulshreshtha wrote:
>> Hi,
>>        After some investigation, I was able to
>> generate some useful messages. A have attached patches
>> to reproduce these messages. Here is the problem -
>> 1. During bootstraping, OpenEJBModuleBuilder class is
>> loaded by the
>> classloader in GBeanInfo. When an attempt is made to
>> get the "getGBeanInfo" method of this class,
>> getDeclared Method(.,.) throws
>> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError! The GBeanInfo.patch
>> contains the code to catch this error. What is more
>> surprising is that getDeclaredMethod is trying to find
>> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.service.GBeanAdapter
>> class to accomplish this! This class obviously does
>> not exist. Is this an expected behavior?
>> 2. A 'catch' seems to be missing in
>> Although it is not critical to this problem.
>> 3. Is anyone else having the same problem? It might be
>> possible to reproduce this without building openejb
>> etc.
>>                                     Any ideas?
>> comments?
> I't's not clear to me whether you built yourself an up to date copy of
> openejb.  If not, I think that has caused the problems you are seeing.
> I don't remember if the committers all agreed to update all the jars
> whenever we update svn/cvs/any of the dependendent projects.  I
> certainly never remember to.  I keep expecting some automated process
> to occur but I don't think it does :-(

I published new jars earlier today, so things should be good--finally
got my internet services hooked up in the new apartment.

> Can publishing up to date jars be automated reliably?

Any attempts I've come up with to automate this hoop-jumping has never
failed to create more manual work keeping it all running and fixing
issues.  One of the issues is that no one else can build on a box that
is automatically running build/tests because of port conflicts.

My hopes are in Continuum and a smart svn hook, though we'd still have
the port issue.

> thanks
> david jencks

View raw message