geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject more jsr-77 like gbean names -- GERONIMO-450
Date Mon, 03 Jan 2005 21:53:42 GMT
On the plane yesterday I started working on this stuff and think I'm
close to having some parts working.  I'm wondering if I should commit
them or wait for a more complete implementation.

In the interests of not completely breaking backwards compatibility I
currently have stuff like this:

<gbean name="domain:key1=value1" class=...

or

<gbean namePart="ConnectorBuilder" type="ModuleBuilder"
class="org.apache.geronimo.connector.deployment.ConnectorModuleBuilder">

resulting in an object name of

geronimo.server:J2EEApplication=null,J2EEModule=org/apache/geronimo/
J2EEDeployer,J2EEServer=geronimo,j2eeType=ModuleBuilder,name=ConnectorBu
ilder

As you can see, the names get longer but somewhat more systematic.

My guess is that I can get this much to work soon, but won't have time
to implement the other parts for a while.

Opinions? Votes?

thanks
david jencks