geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <>
Subject Re: derby-connector RAR not in Geronimo's repository directory
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2005 07:42:51 GMT

On Jan 31, 2005, at 10:50 PM, wrote:

> The derby-connector RAR at:
> geronimo\openejb\modules\assembly\target\openejb-2.0-
> SNAPSHOT\repository\geronimo\rars\geronimo-derby-connector-1.0-
> is not in Geronimo's repository directory (
> geronimo\modules\assembly\target\geronimo-1.0-SNAPSHOT\repository )
> Shouldn't the derby-connector RAR be placed in geronimo's repository
> directory, just like the ActiveMQ RAR ?
It's not too critical right now: the main reason a rar should be in the
repo is so it can be referenced from an app-client plan that includes
an embedded geronimo-ra.xml  descriptor and a  dependency on the rar.
Since you aren't really likely to need xa from an app-client at this
point, you don't really need it.  However, we want to add this
"embedded geronimo-ra" feature to all the other plans too, and then we
will need it in the repo.

Activemq is used from the app client, so it does need to be in the repo
right now.
> Has anyone done any testing of the derby-connector?  I couldn't find
> anything that was using it?

I set up the openejb itests to use it at one point, I'm not sure what
they are doing now.  If you want to patch it....  Also switching the
system-datasource plan to the xa connector would be a good idea as well
as moving the timer gbeans to the system datasource plan.  I'm not sure
we need the default-datasource plan any more.

david jencks

> Thanks,
> John

View raw message