geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <dsundst...@gluecode.com>
Subject Re: Need help with TestCase for WebModuleBuilder
Date Mon, 03 Jan 2005 17:20:35 GMT
On Jan 2, 2005, at 3:16 PM, Jacek Laskowski wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm writing a WebModuleBuilder so that a webapp plan will intruct
> which builder to pick up - JettyModuleBuilder or TomcatModuleBuilder.
> Perhaps,  it will be done using a tag in a geronimo-web.xml (or
> geronimo-jetty.xml as it seems to me that the former isn't used at
> all). There're loads of places where both do the same and I'm going to
> avoid doing the copy-and-paste. There would be some methods to
> override to implement the implementation specific tasks, but most
> would be in the WebModuleBuilder. That's the plan, but...

How is this going to work?  Will this require that both Jetty and
Tomcat be deployed in the server?  IMO we simply need a common
interface and which ever web module build is what you get.  I remain
very skeptical of  having two web servers deployed in one geronimo
server.

> I'm trying to create a TestCase for it and I don't know where to
> start. I was looking at many places in order to find a TestCase for
> invoking the Deployer so that I could test the WebModuleBuilder and I
> could find nothing. I'm looking at JettyModuleBuilderTest and
> EARConfigBuilderTest, but before getting into their details I would
> like to know whether there're better/simpler test cases available.

There is a deployment test case in Openejb.  It builds a few sample
jars, deploys them and then tries to invoke the ejb.

-dain