geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Nathan Peles <>
Subject Getting started with Geronimo
Date Sun, 16 Jan 2005 05:20:37 GMT

I'm just getting started with Geronimo, but am having some trouble getting
it up & running.

I've checked out the source with subversion and run maven to compile it (all
seemed to work ok.)

I then tried to run the server:

  cd modules/assembly/target/geronimo-1.0-SNAPSHOT

  java -jar bin/server.jar org/apache/geronimo/Server

(the server starts up ok.)

  java -jar bin/deployer.jar org/apache/geronimo/DebugConsole

This prompts me for a username & password (I used system/manager) however I
get the following error:

"Error: Unable to connect to server: Invalid login."

I had a look in the file "var/security/" & it does list that

I also tried starting up the server with the DebugConsole enabled using the
following command:

"java -jar bin/server.jar org/apache/geronimo/Server

However it failed with the following error:

org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.NoSuchConfigException: No configuration
with id: org/apache/geronimo/DebugConsole
        at org.apache.geronimo.system.main.Daemon.main(

It looks like the DebugConsole config is missing(?) however I'm still new to
the Geronimo directory structure, so I was hoping one of you guys could help
me with this error?

View raw message