geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <djen...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Specs Question.
Date Thu, 20 Jan 2005 07:12:31 GMT

On Jan 19, 2005, at 10:44 PM, Mark wrote:

> Quick question regarding specs.
>
> My build just failed due to a missing dependency:
> geronimo-spec-javamail-1.3.1-SNAPSHOT.jar.    I went into the
> geronimo\specs\javamail directory and ran maven which build the
> missing jar file.  I was under the impression that we didn't have to
> explicitly build the specs anymore.  Is this correct?

That depends.  Sometimes we find bugs in the implementations, and some
of the specs are not completely implemented (mostly javamail). It looks
like Jeremy has been working on this recently.  Personally I always
thought the time to rebuild the specs was a small price to pay for
avoiding breakage due to spec module updates.

thanks
david jencks