geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Request for backward-incompatible gbean plan change (related to GERONIMO-450)
Date Mon, 10 Jan 2005 19:17:49 GMT
I recently committed a partial implementation of GERONIMO-450,
simplifying the specification of a gbean name in a plan, and making
gbean names similar to jsr-77 names.

Currently the syntax is like this:

<gbean namePart="SomeName" type="JCAWorkManager" class="...

or

<gbean
name="geronimo.server:
J2EEServer=geronimo,J2EEApplication=null,J2EEModule=org/apache/
geronimo/Server,j2eeType=JCAWorkManager,name=SomeName" class="....

I would like to change this to the more straightforward:

<gbean name="SomeName" type="JCAWorkManager" class="...

or

<gbean
objectname="geronimo.server:
J2EEServer=geronimo,J2EEApplication=null,J2EEModule=org/apache/
geronimo/Server,j2eeType=JCAWorkManager,name=SomeName" class="....

Please comment on whether you think this is a good idea and when it
should be committed.  Do we need a vote?

Many thanks,
david jencks