geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From toby cabot <>
Subject Re: problem with axis/xerces and web apps
Date Thu, 27 Jan 2005 15:51:51 GMT
On Mon, Jan 24, 2005 at 04:56:35PM -0500, toby cabot wrote:
> I have a problem at run-time
> with Xerces inside a web app that appears to be classloader related.
> I'm using Axis which uses Xerces so I added the xerces jars to my .war
> file.  When Xerces starts I get:
> java.lang.ClassCastException

I'm still not certain what's going on, but I have some clues.  The
"old" version of Geronimo (i.e. early January) loads Axis from the
jars in my .war file, but the new version loads Axis from the jars in
the geronimo repository.  This seems to cause a problem when Axis then
loads Xerces from the jars in my war file.

Is there a way that I can get the old behavior, i.e. have Geronimo use
the version of Axis that's packaged in my war file?

View raw message