geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <djen...@gluecode.com>
Subject Re: Review - svn commit: r126264
Date Wed, 26 Jan 2005 16:05:40 GMT

On Jan 26, 2005, at 7:55 AM, Mark wrote:

> Is it safe to say the we should use CGLIB instead of the
> java.lang.reflect package?

For deployment/startup code it doesn't matter much.  For code executed
during a request it is a good idea to use CGLIB.

I'm in favor of enhancing the classes during deployment and including
the enhanced classes in the generated configuration.  An example of how
to do this is in the AxisBuilder.  Please ask if you have any
questions.

thanks
david jencks