geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <djen...@gluecode.com>
Subject Re: more jsr-77 like gbean names -- GERONIMO-450
Date Tue, 04 Jan 2005 01:29:27 GMT

On Jan 3, 2005, at 2:14 PM, Dain Sundstrom wrote:

> Which classes did you change and is this mostly an additive feature?

There are small changes in all the XXXBuilders.  The major change is in
all the plans to rename the gbeans.  I'm not sure how additive to think
of it, since all the gbeans now have different names.

One aspect of this I didn't think about much before is what to do with
references.  The object names are now longer, so it's a bit lengthy to
include the entire object name in the reference, especially if almost
all of it is predetermined.  We could try something like the jndi
reference descriptor where you can specify various parts of the object
name and the unspecified parts are assumed from the context.  However,
we would have to do something to avoid mixed content.

Now we have

<reference
name="ResourceReferenceBuilder">geronimo.server:
J2EEApplication=null,J2EEModule=org/apache/geronimo/
J2EEDeployer,J2EEServer=geronimo,j2eeType=ModuleBuilder,name=ConnectorBu
ilder</reference>

We might like
<reference name="ResourceReferenceBuilder">
   <j2eeType>ModuleBuilder</j2eeType>
   <name>ConnectorBuilder</name>
</reference>

or
<reference name="ResourceReferenceBuilder">
   <component key="j2eeType">ModuleBuilder</component >
   <component key="name">ConnectorBuilder</component >
</reference>

Perhaps we could use a different name for these alternate forms?
reference-parts?  reference-components?  Any ideas?

many thanks
david jencks