geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Azfar Kazmi <azfarka...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat Module Still Broken
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2004 00:00:54 GMT
Does it make sense to add an abstraction layer on top of web container
(WebContainer, JettyWebContainerImpl, TomcatWebContainerImpl, etc),
let a factory decide (upon run) which container is declared by user.

This way, user will be able to choose the container without a rebuild.
(Which users do not like to do.)

I am still trying to understand the gbean architecture so don't know
how it may or may not fit.

-Azfar