geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Srinath Perera <hemap...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Writing dummy Servlet to redirect HTTP/SOAP requests
Date Wed, 15 Dec 2004 08:59:01 GMT
On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 00:37:55 -0800, David Jencks <djencks@gluecode.com> wrote:

> On Dec 14, 2004, at 10:24 PM, Srinath Perera wrote:
>
> > Hi David;
> >> I don't think exactly this will work.  I have two related ideas that
> >> will work;
> >>
> >> 1.  Supply the kernel name and axis gbean object name as init params
> >> for the servlet.  The init method can then get the actual kernel using
> >> the kernel name
> >>
> >> Kernel kernel = Kernel.getKernel(kernelName);
> >>
> >> and get a proxy to the axis gbean using its object name (don't
> >> remember
> >> the code).  This could be done with the current web deployment
> >> framework.
> > there is a minus point as we need to user kernel to invoke the methods
> > that we do not like to do unless absolutly necessary
>
> You can get a proxy implementing axis[GBean].  While calls do go
> through some CGLib machinery, they go through just as much with
> proposal (2).  (1) can be implemented without writing a special
> builder, just generating web.xml.
> >
> >> 2.  I think an even better approach is to extend JettyServletHolder to
> >> include a reference to the AxisGBean and to construct the servlet
> >> instance with the reference.  Since we would control the construction
> >> of the servlet, it could have a non-default constructor.  This would
> >> require writing some web services deployment code that would process
> >> the web services dd and add gbeans to the context directly.
> >
> > that would be nice :) if I got the idea  correct it is if Servlet has
> > constructor with AxisGBean the kernel injected refernace to AxisGBean
> > for us! hope that is not unfair requirment from the web container
> > point of view
> >
> we won't be deploying a normal servlet, but a "servlet" with a
> non-default constructor.  This would depend on quite a few details of
> the jetty-geronimo integration.
To plan for how to continue I will look in to writing a GBean based
EngineRgsitry as I explained and get geronimo webservices to work  to
calls coming to SimpleAxisServer (based on sockets). Once that is
working let us talk finer details how the SimpleAxisServer  can be
replaced  by the DummyServlet (based on #1 or #2. I might be able to
do #2 by myself)
Thanks for the help :)
Srinath