geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Tomcat Module Still Broken
Date Tue, 07 Dec 2004 21:18:58 GMT
On Tue, 7 Dec 2004, Jacek Laskowski wrote:
> And the tomcat gbean will never go live unless assembly is modified.
> You're right, I'll modify assembly and comment out the tomcat module's
> stuff. Having a switch to turn on and off the tomcat module's additions
> would be great, wouldn't it?

	That should certainly be possible in the assembly module.  We
already process all the server plans with Velocity to substitute in all
the version numbers.  There's no reason why it couldn't switch between
Tomcat and Jetty too.

	However, if you wait a bit, the situation might resolve itself.
Dain has talked about moving the assembly module to a new location and
allowing more assembly-type modules to be created.  So we could have a
j2ee-with-jetty configuration and a j2ee-with-tomcat configuration.  It
might be worth waiting for that instead of trying to make product
substitution work with the current assembly module.

Aaron