geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Does Fedora Core 3/Sun JDK1.5.0 work for anyone?
Date Fri, 03 Dec 2004 23:13:30 GMT
	What's the machine?  My experience with SuSE 9.2 (kernel 2.6.8)
and the uberbuild has been (Sun JVM unless otherwise noted):

Desktop P4/HT (SMP kernel)
 - 1.4.2_06: HotSpot crash in Remoting test
 - 1.5.0: CORBA itest failure

Laptop PM (UP kernel)
 - 1.4.2_06: Remoting test hang
 - 1.5.0: CORBA itest failure

Desktop Opteron (NUMA SMP kernel)
 - Blackdown 1.4.2 rc1: Segfault during itest
 - 1.4.2_06: Remoting test crash (Real-time signal 28)
 - 1.5.0: CORBA itest failure

	Clearly 1.5 works better for me than 1.4, in that it doesn't
actually crash.  Also, it's the NIO remoting code that's responsible for
all the worst behavior for me.  It is a little frustrating that none of my
environments actually build successfully, but Alan said he hoped to get
the CORBA fix in soon...

Aaron