geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject RE: subversion peculiar behaviour?
Date Fri, 03 Dec 2004 04:26:42 GMT
	My understanding was that they claimed all updates to the
repository were atomic, not that they claim all updates to your local
filesystem are atomic.  In other words, the update to the repo should have
either succeeded or failed all together, but a large checkout or merge may
fail and whack your local tree.  Certainly I've seen some weird behavior
where I had to delete a local directory and check it out again due to svn
being confused.

Aaron