geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <djen...@gluecode.com>
Subject Suggestion for tomcat builder, was Re: jetty-deployer branch will be merged back to trunk shortly
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2004 09:01:51 GMT

On Dec 7, 2004, at 3:21 PM, Jacek Laskowski wrote:

> Alan D. Cabrera wrote:
>> While I agree that we should turn off the tests that break, should we
>> also file a jira issue to make sure that they get turned back on
>> again?
>
> +1
>
>> > 1. merge to trunk now and disable axis tests
>
> +1 (as I'm awaiting your changes to merge them to the tomcat builder)

I've been thinking about tomcat a bit, even though I know nothing
whatsoever about what's inside:-)

The jetty builder really doesn't do anything jetty specific any more
(except construct one set of redundant security info, that Alan and I
are hoping to figure out a way to remove).  So, it might be possible to
reuse the jetty builder for tomcat.  To do this we would need, for
tomcat,

gbean for web application (JettyWebAppJACCContext)
gbean for servlet (JettyServletHolder)
gbean for filter (JettyFilterHolder)
gbean for filter mapping (JettyFilterMapping)

(I've put the jetty oriented gbean classes in for reference).

If the tomcat versions of these gbeans had the same attributes and
references as the jetty ones, the only difference would be the classes
to get the GBeanData objects from.  This is easy to parameterize.

thanks
david jencks