geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <dsundst...@gluecode.com>
Subject Kernel now JMX free
Date Tue, 07 Dec 2004 06:53:59 GMT
Last night I committed the changes to the Kernel to remove the
dependencies on JMX.  The Kernel still uses ObjectName and
MalformedObjectNameException, and those will go when we add GBeanName.
My change notes follow:

Kernel is not totally decoupled from JMX.  By default the kernel will
no longer boot an MBeanServer.  The only place we boot the MBean server
is when we are booting a full blown long running Geronimo server.

Introduced GBeanRegistry which manages the map ObjectName to
GBeanInstance.

Added BasicGBeanRegistry which manages the map with no dependency on
JMX.

Added JMXGBeanRegistry which creates an MBeanServer on startup.  It
mounts a o.a.g.kernel.jmx.GBeanMBean into an MBeanServer for each
GBeanInstance registered.  The a o.a.g.kernel.jmx.GBeanMBean does not
interact directly with GBeanInstances, instead it simply redirects all
calls to a GBean.  GBeanMBean in the o.a.g.gbean.jmx package is just a
proxy for a GBeanData, and should be removed soon.

Added KernelDelegate which replaces the MBeanServerFactory use on the
client side to create a proxy to the server side geronimo kernel.

Added MBeanServerDelegate which is used to provide apis such as the JSR
88 MEJB which needs a something that implements MBeanServer.  The
MBeanServerDelegate only implements the operations of the MBeanServer
that easily map to Kernel.  All unimplemented methods throw a
SecurityException.

Moved Lifecycle* classes to o.a.g.kernel.lifecycle

-dain

--
Dain Sundstrom
Chief Architect