geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <djen...@gluecode.com>
Subject Re: build failed Thu Dec 2 22:24:16 PST 2004
Date Sun, 05 Dec 2004 17:04:45 GMT
That is what is happening.  I think it's possible that the outdated
build of openejb is being refreshed by someone or some process, since a
couple of days ago when I was so incautious as to build geronimo
without -o maven pulled down a copy of openejb with the incorrect class
references.  I think the copy of openejb pulled down had been built
within the last 2 days, although I haven't investigated thoroughly.

At the moment I am not a fan of snapshots on remote repositories.
I'd prefer all projects to use subversion and to put versions labeled
with the revision number on the repo, and dependencies to have a range
of acceptable revisions.  Of course this proposal undoubtedly has
plenty of problems of its own.

Even though it is quite inconvenient I recommend building at least
geronimo, tranql, tranql-connector, and openejb yourself.  You can
modify the uber-build to do this by simply deleting the activemq and
howl directories after checkout.   Also, I update each project by hand
when necessary rather than using the m:update.

thanks
david jencks