geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <djen...@gluecode.com>
Subject Re: More on principal wrapping. Was: Re: svn commit: r123495 ...
Date Wed, 29 Dec 2004 06:40:51 GMT

On Dec 28, 2004, at 7:30 PM, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:

> I realized that there were problems after I checked this code in but, I
> had to go rush to help my wife deliver our baby.

I hope you will not let anything I've said distract you from spending
time with your family!

> The concept of a login realm is quite simple and elegant.  The current
> state of its implementation should not be taken as an argument against
> it; this is easy enough to fix.

I like the idea, and hope you're right about it being easy to fix:-)
There are certainly problems with my last suggestions also in terms of
figuring out how to map principals to roles.

> I should say that I do like some of the points that you've made.  Give
> us some time to properly fix what we have and let's use that as a
> discussion point.

Excellent.  As it turns out I have to visit my parents for the next few
days and will be online only sporadically.

Many thanks,
david jencks