geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <djen...@gluecode.com>
Subject Re: jetty-deployer branch will be merged back to trunk shortly
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2004 20:26:17 GMT
Even after some discussion I'm not sure exactly what you mean by this.

The way I'm thinking of merging the two would result the possibility of
deployments with and without (JACC) security enabled for the web app.
This would be similar to how the ejb containers can include/exclude
security interceptors based on their configuration.

If you want people to be able to run geronimo + jetty without
geronimo-spec-j2ee-jacc-1.0-xx.jar and geronimo-security-xx.jar
installed, that could be harder, but I'm not convinced it is possible
today.  Have you tried it?  The jetty builder certainly references the
security builder, but this might not be a problem if the security
elements are not in the plan.

Can you clarify what you mean?

thanks
david jencks