geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <djen...@gluecode.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r111381 - in geronimo/branches/djencks/jetty-deployer1/trunk/modules: jetty-builder/src/java/org/apache/geronimo/jetty/deployment jetty/src/java/org/apache/geronimo/jetty jetty/src/test/org/apache/geronimo/jetty
Date Thu, 09 Dec 2004 21:36:13 GMT

On Dec 9, 2004, at 5:38 AM, adc@apache.org wrote:
> +        ServletHttpRequest servletHttpRequest = (ServletHttpRequest)
> request.getWrapper();
> +        WebResourcePermission resourcePermission = new
> WebResourcePermission(servletHttpRequest);
> +        WebUserDataPermission dataPermission = new
> WebUserDataPermission(servletHttpRequest);
> +        boolean unauthenticated =
> !(checked.implies(resourcePermission) ||
> checked.implies(dataPermission));

I don't understand this line.  Why isn't it

       boolean unauthenticated = unchecked.implies(resourcePermission)
&& unchecked.implies(dataPermission);
?

I also don't understand why the login path is checked specially.
Shouldn't the login form have unchecked permissions so be taken care of
by these other checks?

> +        boolean forbidden =
> excludedPermissions.implies(resourcePermission) ||
> excludedPermissions.implies(dataPermission);
>
>          UserRealm realm = getRealm();

also, the jacc spec says (4.1.1, p.36)
The Servlet container must use one of the methods described in
Section4.7,  “Checking AccessControlContext Independent Grants” to test
if access to the  resource using the method and connection type
encapsulated in the  WebUserDataPermission is permitted. If a
SecurityException is thrown in the  permission determination, it must
be caught, and the result of the determination  must be that access to
the resource using the method and connection type is not  permitted. If
access is not permitted, the request must be redirected as defined by
the Servlet Specification. If access is permitted, the request must be
subjected to a  pre-dispatch decision.

I think this means that the required order of events is:

check UserData permissions

if required, log in or say "forbidden"

check WebResource permissions

Currently we have