geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <djen...@gluecode.com>
Subject Proposal to remove processing of geronimo-service.xml files in dependencies
Date Sat, 25 Dec 2004 08:09:43 GMT
I've located the code in service-builder that loads gbeans defined in
embedded plans named geronimo-service.xml in dependencies referred to
from gbean config plans.

I would like to remove this capability.  My experience with its former
use to configure parts of jetty was that it successfully concealed from
me, for weeks, how many of the gbeans were getting configured.  Since I
prefer to be able to find configurations through an explicit path, I
would prefer to prevent any other such use of this feature.

Are there any objections to my removing this capability?

thanks
david jencks