geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <djen...@gluecode.com>
Subject Re: failing tests related to activeio
Date Mon, 27 Dec 2004 04:32:19 GMT
It's an hour later, the itests are still running.  Maven appears to
have more threads than I want to count, most of them looking like this
in a thread dump:

"Thread-1705" prio=5 tid=0x079bbd80 nid=0x84fec00 waiting for monitor
entry [ff6da000..ff6dab20]
         at
org.activeio.packet.ByteArrayPacket.asByteSequence(ByteArrayPacket.java:
153)
         at
org.activeio.net.SocketSynchChannel.read(SocketSynchChannel.java:82)
         at
org.activeio.adapter.SynchToAsynchChannelAdapter.run(SynchToAsynchChanne
lAdapter.java:117)
         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:552)

Some other java process, presumably geronimo, has about 480 threads and
won't shut down.  Cpu is at 100%

Any ideas?

thanks
david jencks

On Dec 26, 2004, at 7:32 PM, David Jencks wrote:

> Many thanks, the new version of activeio seems to make the tests all
> pass.  However, I wonder if there is still a problem somewhere.  I'm
> seeing the itests go very very slowly and the thread count is now at
> 288.
>
> david jencks
>
> On Dec 26, 2004, at 6:59 PM, Hiram Chirino wrote:
>
>> Hi David,
>>
>> I just pushed up a new copy of activeio that should fix the problem.
>> Could you pull it down and try again.
>>
>> David Jencks wrote:
>>
>>> I'm getting test failures on the following on both linux and osX:
>>>
>>> org.apache.geronimo.security.jaas.LoginPropertiesFileTest
>>> org.apache.geronimo.security.jaas.LoginSQLTest
>>> org.apache.geronimo.security.jaas.TimeoutTest