geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <>
Subject Re: Proposal to remove processing of geronimo-service.xml files in dependencies
Date Mon, 27 Dec 2004 18:47:16 GMT
Dain Sundstrom wrote:
> I think we have a geronimo project build problem here.  The specific
> problem we have it the geronimo-service.xml contained in the jetty
> module gets out of sync because it is the only module that uses this
> feature.  The root problems are the file name has a confusing name, and
> the version numbers are hard coded.  Propose we make the to changes to
> address these problems:
> 1. Rename the file to geronimo-dependencies.xml

I agree on renaming but would suggest something like geronimo-module.xml
for the name to reflect that it might contain more than just dependency
information (although that is all we do right now).

> 2. Auto generate the file using a properties tag on the depend element
> in the project.xml file
>         <dependency>
>             <groupId>jetty</groupId>
>             <artifactId>org.mortbay.jetty</artifactId>
>             <version>${jetty_version}</version>
>             <properties>
>                 <geronimo.dependency>true</geronimo.dependency>
>             </properties>
>         </dependency>

+1 - presumably this would be a modification to the plugin to generate
the current file. In the future the plugin could also scan for gbean
metadata in the source tree and fill out the other elements.

View raw message