geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jboy...@gluecode.com>
Subject Re: Proposal to remove processing of geronimo-service.xml files in dependencies
Date Mon, 27 Dec 2004 18:47:16 GMT
Dain Sundstrom wrote:
> I think we have a geronimo project build problem here.  The specific
> problem we have it the geronimo-service.xml contained in the jetty
> module gets out of sync because it is the only module that uses this
> feature.  The root problems are the file name has a confusing name, and
> the version numbers are hard coded.  Propose we make the to changes to
> address these problems:
>
> 1. Rename the file to geronimo-dependencies.xml

I agree on renaming but would suggest something like geronimo-module.xml
for the name to reflect that it might contain more than just dependency
information (although that is all we do right now).

> 2. Auto generate the file using a properties tag on the depend element
> in the project.xml file
>
>         <dependency>
>             <groupId>jetty</groupId>
>             <artifactId>org.mortbay.jetty</artifactId>
>             <version>${jetty_version}</version>
>             <properties>
>                 <geronimo.dependency>true</geronimo.dependency>
>             </properties>
>         </dependency>

+1 - presumably this would be a modification to the plugin to generate
the current file. In the future the plugin could also scan for gbean
metadata in the source tree and fill out the other elements.

--
Jeremy