geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jer...@boynes.com>
Subject Re: How can I get a reference collection from a GBean?
Date Tue, 21 Dec 2004 17:17:18 GMT
Alan D. Cabrera wrote:
> Here's a use case.  Let's say that I have a management console that is
> managing a GBean.  There are times when it would be nice to see what is
> in its collection of references.

Wouldn't that be a static snapshot - you would't want the content
changing as the UI page was rendering.

> Another thing.  It would be nice if GBean attributes had display names
> and descriptions in them.  This way I could have a tool that could
> autogenerate a properties page by simply reading the GBean meta data.

I see that as a UI issue - for I18N wouldn't you want the tool to
generate localized titles for the properties (which it can do based on
the name) without the need to store all the variants in the metadata?

--
Jeremy