geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig Johannsen <cjo...@shaw.ca>
Subject Derby module fails to build
Date Wed, 15 Dec 2004 03:07:24 GMT
Building the Derby module, the derby and derbynet 10.0.2.1 jar files
failed to download.  I didn't find any similar files in the usual maven
repos, but did find some at
http://cvs.apache.org/dist/incubator/derby/10.0.2.1

I renamed derby.jar to derby-10.0.2.1.jar and derbynet.jar to
derbynet-10.0.2.1.jar and copied both files to .maven/derby/jars.
However, this did not fix the problem.  The build appeared to be looking
for the jars elsewhere.

Then looking in the modules/derby/project.properties file, I found the
repo to be:
maven.repo.remote=http://cvs.apache.org/repository

In the almost hidden location
http://cvs.apache.org/repository/incubator-derby/jars directory there is
a derby-10.0.2.1.jar file and a .  derbynet-10.0.2.1.jar file.  I say
"almost hidden" because I didn't find any "derby" directory as in the
other repos, but after a bunch of messing around and looking in
project.property files and project.xml files, I eventually found that I
needed to look in "incubator-derby".

I also discovered that I needed to copy the above jar files to
.maven/repository/incubator-derby.

Subsequently, the Derby module built OK.

The original error was:

+----------------------------------------
| Executing default Geronimo :: Derby
| Memory: 3M/6M
+----------------------------------------
Attempting to download geronimo-kernel-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar.
Artifact /geronimo/jars/geronimo-kernel-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar doesn't exists
in remote repository, but it exists locally
Attempting to download geronimo-system-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar.
Artifact /geronimo/jars/geronimo-system-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar doesn't exists
in remote repository, but it exists locally
Attempting to download derby-10.0.2.1.jar.
WARNING: Failed to download derby-10.0.2.1.jar.
Attempting to download derbynet-10.0.2.1.jar.
WARNING: Failed to download derbynet-10.0.2.1.jar.