geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jacek Laskowski <jlaskow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: More features in tomcat module
Date Thu, 09 Dec 2004 19:52:11 GMT
Peter Nabbefeld wrote:
> Hello Jacek,
>
> I've got two remaining questions:
> 1. Will Geronimo deployment work with Tomcat 5.0.x?

I'm not sure, but it should. I don't know about any features of Tomcat
that are specific to 5.5.4 version.

Please, give it a try and report to the mailing list.

You can do it by copying Tomcat 5.0.x jars to
$GERONIMO_HOME/repository/tomcat/jars or changing the plans -
j2ee-deployer and j2ee-server - so that they reference 5.0.x jars and
rebuild assembly module. I highly recommend the first approach.

> 2. As Jetty is geronimo's standard servlet container, I think it should
> be deactivated when using Tomcat - how do I achieve this?

I'll describe it on http://wiki.apache.org/geronimo/Tomcat. It should be
available soon.

> Peter Nabbefeld

Jacek